What to Expect
Expect to be inspired, motivated, emotionally and spiritually fed
• Music – we love to sing together! (Bring an instrument if you like)
• Guest speaker – always someone who stretches our brains a little
• Lots of talking, in formal group discussions and spontaneous conversations
• Exposure to different life experiences and opinions
Expect to slow down
• Take a break from phones and Internet
• Enjoy time away from work, family and Church responsibilities
• Take in the scenery. Hike. Visit. Nap. Activity passes for the YMCA snow mountain ranch are included.
• We’ll be at high altitude – you may get out of breath more easily, so go slow
Expect to share
• Accommodations – we share rooms and beds (linens and towels provided) in a large cabin with a kitchen and dining area
• Food – our tradition is a potluck dinner Friday with a catered dinner on Saturday
• Many hands make light work – we all pitch in at meal-times
Expect a little pampering
• Catered family-style dinner Saturday night
• Breakfast provided Saturday and Sunday
• Optional trip Saturday evening to Hot Sulphur Springs – book your spa service ahead (970-725-3306) or just come to the pools for ~$20
What to bring
Mountain clothes – weather can be unpredictable. Dress code is very casual, but bring warm clothes and a jacket for the evening. It’s a great place for hiking, so bring clothes and shoes appropriate for the outdoors.
Hot Springs – besides your bathing suit, bring flip-flops for walking between pools. Towels and robes may be rented there, or bring your own. Also, bring change for a locker.
Food – this is a true potluck; we take whatever we get. Store-bought or homemade, healthy or indulgent, we love it all. We include a vegetarian option for Saturday but if you have other restrictions, (e.g. vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free) please be sure to bring things you can eat.
Other optional items:
• Refillable water bottle – you’ll be high and dry up there!
• Sunblock and/or hat
• Book for book exchange
• Flashlight or nightlight
• Headache remedy for altitude headaches